Does yoga helps in weight loss? Today, people are becoming increasingly aware of the expansion of their waists that are the result of an unhealthy lifestyle.
Now, in such a situation, they are looking for a weight loss technique that does not involve a complete series of exercises and at the same time has no side effects.
Yoga is perceived as an incredible way to lose weight without sweating much. It is a great help to burn calories, which helps to regain fitness.
How Does yoga helps in weight loss?
Yoga pacifies your mind, which in turn helps you lose fat to some degree. We are well aware of the fact that stress contributes to poor diet.
When we are stressed about a certain matter, we hardly look for the food we eat, which negatively contributes to our weight. Yoga produces a peaceful and calm environment that provides tranquility to the mind and helps us to get rid of stress.
Not only does it help decrease stress, but it also helps reduce cortisol level, which is also responsible for weight gain.
Yoga for weight loss
Yoga has some basic breathing exercises that balance, purify, and rejuvenate the internal organs and increase their functionality. It is practiced through various Asanas, which are specific yoga postures that help achieve mental and physical relaxation. They also create awareness in the body, both externally and internally. The various asanas must be repeated on both sides of the body to develop functionality and strength equally in the body. Here are some yoga / asana poses that will help you lose weight naturally:
This is one of the most famous and practiced yoga poses. Surya Namaskar basically means offering greetings to the sun. It includes a series of twelve distinctive asanas, which are primarily focused on reducing fat from various parts of the body. It is famous for being made up of twelve different postures included in one. According to experts, it is one of the best yoga asanas to rejuvenate the entire body. It helps keep the whole body active as it focuses on exercising various parts of the body. Helps to strengthen the skeletal system including ligaments and tendons. Surya Namaskar is an excellent method to relieve anxiety and stress, which accumulates in our body.
The warrior pose II (Virabhadrasana)
Go into the mountain pose followed by stretching one leg back and lashing out at the other leg at a ninety degree angle.
- Then slowly stretch your hands over your head.
- Once you are comfortable with this pose, you can try Virbhadrasana II or the Warrior 2 pose.
- In the second pose, you should stretch your arms forward to put them in front of your chest.
- Then slowly straighten the stretched leg and point outward while keeping the other leg intact at a ninety degree angle.
- Now stretch both arms outward, wide apart.
- Hold each of the two poses for at least thirty seconds, and then repeat the entire asana.
- The warrior pose increases blood circulation in the legs, thighs, arms, and spinal region.
The triangle pose (Trikonasana)
- First, stretch your legs well. Extend your right foot out.
- Now slowly stretch your arms.
- Push the right side of your waist towards your outstretched right leg and then slowly lower yourself down.
- Keep your back straight. Don’t bend your back forward.
- Your right palm should be kept on the ground or a block. You can keep the palm in front or behind the right foot.
- Stretch your left arm up.
- Now repeat this pose on the other side of your body.
- This asana helps reduce fat on the sides of your body, arms, and thighs.
Ascending Table (Purvottanasana)
- This is a difficult pose. However, nothing is impossible with a little practice and the correct technique.
- Stretch your legs out in front of you and sit in that position.
- Place your arms behind your hips while pointing them toward your feet.
- Now prepare your body to get up by pointing your feet.
- Slowly lift your body from your tailbone and also try to pull your head back.
This pose is the opposite of the pose you get before attempting an upward push. This asana mainly helps to remove fat from the back, shoulders and spinal region. It also helps to strengthen the muscles of the body. It helps to increase blood circulation in all parts of your body and also improves your respiratory system. It is an amazing asana for the core strength of your body.
- Lie on your back.
- Now, with your hands stretched out, slowly bend your knees apart.
- After that, slowly lift your body up from the pelvic region. Use your hands for support and then hold this position.
- This pose has amazing fat burning effects on the thighs, hips, stomach region and back.
This asana is considered as one of the best yoga postures to lose the fat stored in the hip region. Today, most people tend to spend more than ten hours a day sitting in front of their televisions, laptops, and smartphones, ultimately leading to fat buildup in the hip region. This asana not only helps decrease fat in the hip region, but also helps increase the flexibility of fractures.
- Raise your arms and slowly lean them back until you reach your back and then your hips. Then bring your arms out to your sides.
- Raise your arms again and now bring your lower back.
- Now put your knees at a ninety degree angle. Then try to touch your knees without bending your back.
- Hold each pose for about thirty seconds.
- Start by lying on your back and, as the name implies, this asana requires you to get a V-shaped position that resembles a boat.
- Pull your legs up to maintain the V shape.
- Try to hold this position for at least ten seconds the first time you try this. Slowly, with daily practice, raise the time bar.
- You might feel like your stomach muscles are stretched tight, but this will surely reduce abdominal fat. It also stretches the neck, chest, spine, and hips and provides strength to the buttocks, back, and hamstrings.
I think you have got the answer of the question, Does yoga helps in weight loss? It is recommended to learn all asanas under the supervision of a yoga instructor. Practice these yoga asanas to lose weight and you will definitely be happy with the results.