Running is a great exercise for overall mental and health. In the article, i will show you the top 5 health benefits of running.
An examination published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology demonstrates that people who choose to run for the usual practice of physical exercise are 30% less likely to die than those who do not do any type of exercise because of a cardiovascular accident.
Thus the people who run have an average life expectancy of at least 3 years longer than inactive people. If you do not have time, desire or money to pay for a gym, jogging or running is an excellent option to get fit and get all the advantages of physical activity.
Before going into details, it is important to highlight one thing. The benefits of running 30 minutes a day reach two main dimensions, mental and physical. What does this mean? That the benefits not only get your body but also your mind. And to get it, all you have to do is put on your running shoes and go jogging.
Below we review the 5 benefits of running for 30 minutes:
Running improves brain activity
A study by the University of South Carolina found that physical exercise is capable of increasing the number of mitochondria not only in the muscles but also in the brain.
- Mitochondria generate energy for the functioning of cells, so the muscles whose fibers have more mitochondria, feel less weakness and therefore have more resistance to disease
- Increase in mitochondria in the brain can help you think better or more clearly
- Fortunately, it is not necessary to run marathons to get these benefits. Jogging for 30 minutes daily for a few weeks is enough to stimulate the formation of new mitochondria and thus improve the functioning of your neurons.
- Running stimulates the gene that has an important antidepressant effect,
- In addition, running increases the production of endorphins and certain neurotransmitters that favor the feeling of general well-being
- On the other hand, there is also scientific evidence that shows that the habit of running increases the secretion of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. These substances are neurotransmitters known for influencing the mood.
- Running can reduce the risk of colon cancer, breast, prostate and lung cancer, and that it can also increase the survival rate in people who already have cancer?
- The person who runs daily can reduce the risk of developing colon cancer by 30% or 40%, compared to those who lead a lazy life, without matter what your body mass index
- As for breast cancer, something similar happens. More than 60 studies in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia show that women who are more active and exercise frequently have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- On the other hand, those who run frequently can also reduce the risk of lung cancer. This has been demonstrated by 21 scientific investigations that show a 20% reduction in the risk of developing this disease in individuals who perform vigorous physical exercise.
The more active the person is, the lower the risk of suffering from this type of cancer. It is recommended to jog or run for 30 minutes daily. It is what is needed to make the most of this benefit.
- Although running implies a great impact on the knees and other joints, there is no evidence that going for a run increases the risk of arthritis, but quite the opposite.
- People who usually run are actually less likely to suffer from this condition, according to the results of a study conducted in 75 thousand runners.
- There are also data that suggest that the cartilage of the knee joint could be strengthened when running, which would also help prevent arthritis.
- Researchers at the University of Queens in Kingston found that, When running, you need a smaller amount of strides to travel a certain distance. Although the force exerted on the knees is greater than when walking, as the impact is performed a smaller number of times, this could favor the long-term health of the knees.
Avoid cardiovascular diseases
- Runnin just 5 to 10 minutes daily can significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- A study is conducted in 55 thousand adults revealed that after a few years, runners had a 45% lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease and also had 30% less mortality from any cause.
And the most surprising thing is that those who ran for longer, for example, more than two hours per week, obtained the same benefits as those who dedicated to running just a few minutes per day.
Prevents premature aging
- Running also helps and prevents premature aging of all tissues
- The people who run daily look younger and more active than those that did not.
- Risk of diabetes, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure or colon cancer in humans, diseases associated are caused by tissue aging cured by running
In this article, you get to know how daily running maybe a few minutes can have a very positive influence on your health.
And what do you think of this exercise? What benefits have you observed? I’m interested in your opinion. Thank you!