It is true that we are all born with genetic potential for our height; However, the environment also plays its role.We all knows wonders of yoga. Can yoga poses helps to make you taller? Let us know about them in this article.
Some of the factors involved in height gain include growth hormone genes, bone ratio, growth hormone receptors, and the timing of growth hormone release. Even various growth factors come into play here. Nutrition during the gestational and growth years also contributes significantly to a child’s height growth.
However, with all these factors and possible influences, exercises, and in particular yoga poses, can also help you grow taller. The main reason is the stretching and strengthening of the musculoskeletal system that promotes bone growth in children, in addition to stimulating the hormones necessary for their growth and development.
Yoga is a way of life, but it can also be done to achieve specific benefits. Therefore, it is important to know the yoga postures that help you grow taller. Aside from yoga poses, Pranayama or a controlled deep breathing technique in yoga is truly beneficial. It helps relax the human mind, keeps it stress-free, and therefore helps improve the production of HGH or human growth hormone. With regular practice, you can help stimulate this hormone in children and it is one of the popular yoga exercises that promote growth in height.
10 Effective Yoga poses to make you taller
Surya Namaskara or Greeting to the Sun:
Surya namaskara or also known as sun salutation is one of the most beneficial yoga postures for humanity that has enormous benefits. One of the best known benefits of surya namaskara or sun salutation is that it helps to increase your height when done properly and regularly. There are twelve different postures involved in surya namaskara that are preferably done in the morning with sunrise.
- To do this, first stand on the ground by joining your feet and facing the sun.
- Join your palms and do a namaskar.
- Next, breathe when you raise your arms and bend back. Stretch your arms as far as you can.
- Then exhale as it bends in front of you to touch the ground.
- Be sure to keep your hands aligned with your feet and bend so that your head touches your knees.
- Now inhale and move your right leg back and slowly raise your head.
- Then bring the head back to the starting position.
- The left leg should be parallel to the right and the toes should be planted on the ground. Arms should be 90 degrees from the floor. Now exhale.
- Then inhale and lower your knees to touch the floor, and lift your hips slightly, resting your chest and chin on the floor. Lift your back a little.
- Now exhale. Lower your body to the floor to touch the floor with your feet, knees, chest, palms, and forehead.
- Inhale and lift your head back. Now try to stretch your head as much as possible.
- Now push up and just rest your feet and palm on the floor.
- Bend your left leg at the knee.
- Get your feet together and return to the original namaskar position.
Besides growing taller Sun salutation has many other benefits too Benefits of Surya Namaskara
Sukhasana or easy pose:
This is one of the easiest yoga poses that can help you grow. In fact, this is the basic yoga posture from which all other yoga postures begin. By doing this regularly, you can tone your lower back and hip area and eventually grow tall.
- To do this yoga pose, you have to sit cross-legged on the floor.
- Keep your hands on your knees,
- Make sure the spine is properly aligned and keep it straight while sitting.
- Concentrate on your breathing.
- Now push your buttocks to the floor and lower your knees slowly.
- Here, take a few breaths. Inhale as you raise your arms toward the ceiling and exhale as you lower them.
- Repeat this about 10 times.
Hastapadasan or hand to foot pose to make you taller:
Hastapadasan or foot-to-foot pose is a beneficial yoga pose that can help you grow. Here all the body parts are focused while doing the yogasana.
- At first, stand up straight by bringing your feet together and placing your arms along your body.
- Keep your weight balanced on both feet.
- Inhale and extend your arms above your head at first, and then exhale and bend forward and down toward your feet.
- Hold this pose for a few seconds and continue your deep breaths.
- Be sure to keep your legs and spine upright, with your hands flat on the floor and next to your feet or legs.
- Move your chest towards your knees as you exhale.
- Lift your hips and tailbone, relax your head, press on your heels, and gently move your head to your feet as you continue to breathe.
- Bring your arms to the side as you exhale.
Chakrasana or wheel pose:
The wheel or chakrasana pose can also help you grow tall. The yoga posture consists of leaning forward or backward, which helps improve the elasticity of the spinal cord and the body becomes very flexible. These in turn help you improve height.
- To do this, lie on your back at first.
- Then bend your legs over your knees. Place your legs closer to your hips.
- Now, bending your elbows, place your palms on the sides of your head.
- Then lift your body up, taking a deep breath.
- Arch your spine while resting on your feet and palms.
- Remain in this pose for a few seconds and gradually increase the duration with normal breathing.
Vrikshasana or Tree Pose:
Vrikshasana or the tree pose is another effective yoga pose that can help you grow. Usually, this yoga pose focuses on the calf muscles and leg muscles and helps tighten them. With the strengthening of these muscles, there are possibilities to develop their height.
- To do this yogasana, stand up straight with your spine up and feet together.
- Stand in a Namaste position, stretched over your head.
- Then raise your right leg up at the knees. Be sure to place the sole of the right foot on the inside of the thigh of the left leg. Here, the knees of the right leg should face out.
- Inhale normally.
- Then repeat the pose with your left leg.
Tadasana or Mountain Pose:
One of the easiest yoga poses is Tadasana, which can be practiced regularly to grow. This yoga pose is known to strengthen the extremities and spinal cord. Apart from this, it is also known that the Tadasana or mountain pose also helps to make the whole body agile; which is highly essential to grow tall.
- Stand up straight to begin the pose and keep your feet together.
- Make sure your spine is upright with your arms at your sides.
- Now join hands and fingers.
- Now take a deep breath. Make sure that while you breathe, try to extend your spine and stretch your hands over your head.
- Let the palms face up.
- Now, lift your heels up and try to stand on your fully balanced toes
- Make sure the whole body is stretched.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds and then exhale.
- Return to the starting position while exhaling
Adhomukha Svanasan or downward facing dog pose:
This is another effective yoga pose that can help you grow tall. It helps you stretch your muscles, make them stronger, and also helps improve blood circulation throughout the body, thereby helping to improve height.
- Here, with the help of your hands and knees, you must remain on the ground.
- While performing the pose, place your legs under your hips and your arms under your shoulders.
- Hold firmly with your palms towards the ground and extending your fingers.
- Now with a deep breath squeeze your stomach.
- Lift your knees off the ground. With this, your tailbone begins to rise automatically.
- Lean on your palms and toes.
- Then stretch your spine and legs so that your body takes an inverted V shape.
- Be in this position for five breaths and relax.
To know more Downward Facing Dog
Trikonasana or the triangle pose:
The Trikonasana or Triangle pose is a yoga pose where the body acquires a triangular shape while performing the yoga movement. It can help you grow, in addition to giving you a strong and flexible body.
- To do this yoga pose, stand with your legs a couple of feet apart. Make sure both feet are parallel.
- Now raise your hands making sure they are aligned with your shoulders.
- Following; Turn to the right.
- With the fingers of the right hand, touch the toes of the right leg.
- Raise your left hand toward the ceiling and look toward your left hand.
- Stay in this position for 60 seconds.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- Take a deep breath for a few seconds while doing this.
Parivratta Trikonasan or inverted triangle pose yoga poses to make you taller:
This is just the opposite of the triangle pose in which your body forms an inverted triangle shape. This pose can also help you grow as it provides strength to your lower back and also improves the body’s balance ability.
- To start the pose, place your legs straight out to the sides.
- Raise both hands so they are aligned with your shoulders.
- Now turn the torso to the right and touch the right foot with the left hand. Here, the right hand should face the ceiling and the fingers should point outwards.
- Look at the tips of the fingers. Be in this pose for half a minute.
- Then put your arms in line with your shoulder.
- Follow the same process for the other side.
Marjaryasana or cat pose yoga poses to make you taller:
One more yoga pose that can help you grow tall is the Marjaryasana or cat pose. As you do this, your spinal cord stretches in both directions, forward and backward. It also facilitates the expansion of each cartilage disc in the spine and, in turn, helps improve height.
- To begin the pose, squat down on all fours with your legs extended to hip width.
- Hands should be in front of shoulders and knees.
- Inhale and lift your pelvis.
- Arch your spine with your stomach touching your spine and your heads facing the sky.
- Fully stretch the body and convert it to the cat pose by arching the spine in reverse order.
- Make sure the pelvis is down with your chest and stomach while performing this asana.
- Repeat this several times.
So, above we mentioned some of the Yoga poses to make you taller Evan after 25 . These are best practiced under the guidance of an expert. Practice yoga asanas regularly and seek the benefits for yourself.